Monday, January 28, 2008

story points

As I sat down to start doing some concept boards, I ran a complete blank. I then realized that it would be easier to do if I had a list of the basic story points. So I made one! Hooray! Dave (who was apparently having the same problem) suggested that I post these story points for the sake of those on the story team. So these are them, insofar as I can recall them. Hopefully it's helpful to get the gears turning, if you know what I mean; ya know, to prime the pump, so to speak; ya know, to get the engines churnin' and burnin'; to get the wheels in motion, if you catch my drift; to prick the proverbial donkey's bum; to spur the horse.
  • protagonist (hereafter referred to as "Ptag") falls in love with the boy
  • Ptag gets hit by car
  • Boy grieves for girl, then gets over it
  • Ptag tries to get boys attention, but to no avail
  • Ptag becomes extremely lonely
  • Boy starts hitting on the "other woman"
  • Ptag sees this, becomes really angry and jealous, and plots his death
  • in spite of hooking up with the other woman, the Boy still has feelings for the Ptag
  • Ptag sets her plot in motion or sets a trap for the boy, which will end with his death
  • while the boy is in the middle of falling for the Ptag's scheme or falling into her trap, She realizes that he still cares about her
  • she feels guilty for plotting his death and saves his life at the last second
  • She returns to her ironic existence and her lonliness
  • The boy suddenly gets killed by something else, and they are together
Anyhow, that is not all set in stone; those are just the events that TO ME seem to comprise the story as it currently stands.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds about right. We're going to have to do some serious streamlining, of course... to be this specific would need a lot of screentime.

One thing I thought when I was pondering this was: maybe we can have Ptag (is that meant to be pronounced? Ah well) already together with her boy when the film starts. I see him as being a teddy bear, big but very gentle when it comes to his girl.

Maybe Ptag sees something in the street that she thinks her guy would like, and sends him on ahead without her. She gets run over at this point, and besides being unable to get his attention she can't even pick up the object for him.

Not really sure what happened or where Ptag is, the guy wanders off and perhaps he incidentally meets another female and is polite to her. Ptag interprets this all wrong which is where it gets into the plot on his life.

Just some thoughts.

Michael Mercer said...

I know I'm not on the story team, but I'd still like to give my input if anyone wants to hear it.

I had the idea that she could have a locket with his picture in it so we didn't have to cover the ground of her falling in love at the beginning.

Michael Mercer said...

Hey Ya'll. Another thought I think would be FABULOUS is if we did it like a silent film where the armadillos can talk to each other but only through the use of a cut to text. I think that this could be really, really humorous and could help develop the relationship between the female and male dillos as well as maybe emphasize what the main character is thinking at times. (ie, "I'm going to kill that two-face, double-crossing, lousy son of an warthog!")