- Start with a clean slate now. No NEEDED colors (for story's sake) so anything goes.
- Don't do pre-dawn b/c everyone's creating a demo reel so make it easy to create a good demo reel and make textures/lighting be beautiful on any object.
- Don't be subtle. Most successful shorts (so far as likability) have been the colorful ones (Pet Shop/Pinatas).
- Subtlety of story is NOT more important than making good demo reels (said Brent, remember these do not reflect the opinions of the author of this post)
- Brent wants gorgeous colors.
- Use white, red, green for gas station/props. No Chevron Blue.
- 55 gallon drums often red/green...
- These are of course all rusty, faded, and interesting-looking with LOTS of color variation within them.
- A lot of red and green again, though muted
- Maybe red-yellow-orange combo.
- Maybe very blue.
"I'm not trying to design your colors. Do other colors other than these. Just make it colorful."
So that's the notes I took. If anyone else took notes please post them.
Our team is working a lot on color until Wednesday. Abbey is working on some shape designs for gas station. Brian is working on male character/female character redesign. Chris is on the flower. Kevin I think is facial stuff...Al is on something too...but I can't remember what...anyone I missed?